Mix two Flips simulations

2120   3   1
6 posts
Hi everyone. Look for solution on the network before coming here but I'm still stuck with this problem. I am doing a small project where I have a river and I must pour a liquid. My problem is that I don't know how to combine the two liquids, and how to do the shading.
I understand that I must do two simulations. One with the river and its shading, and another with the simulation of the liquid. Also I cannot use the same flipsolver because each liquid has different properties (viscosity for example). I have seen tutorials about how to mix liquids but always using the same flipsolver, and with liquids that have the same property. This is not the case. How should I simulate these two liquids in order to mix them well and be able to do the shading separately, using two emitters and two dopnets? I have added a small setup where the river simulation is created, and another simulation of a liquid. Both separately. I would appreciate if someone can help me with this problem. Thank you very much and I hope you are all well.
Best regards

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Mix_flips_RnD.hipnc (1.5 MB)

2535 posts
Maybe you can get some ideas from this thread.
https://forums.odforce.net/topic/39308-color-in-flip-sims-milk-pour-into-tea/?tab=comments#comment-190930 [forums.odforce.net]
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
6 posts
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will make a deep look to the file. Looks like both liquid are created in the same flip solver, and only the smoke is mixed. Lets see if i can get good ideas from this setup. Thanks Enivob
6 posts
Solved.

Use split node after the dop import fields, select your stream of particles and do the cache  independently
  • Quick Links