Search - User list
Full Version: Mix two Flips simulations
Root » Technical Discussion » Mix two Flips simulations
calipso
Hi everyone. Look for solution on the network before coming here but I'm still stuck with this problem. I am doing a small project where I have a river and I must pour a liquid. My problem is that I don't know how to combine the two liquids, and how to do the shading.
I understand that I must do two simulations. One with the river and its shading, and another with the simulation of the liquid. Also I cannot use the same flipsolver because each liquid has different properties (viscosity for example). I have seen tutorials about how to mix liquids but always using the same flipsolver, and with liquids that have the same property. This is not the case. How should I simulate these two liquids in order to mix them well and be able to do the shading separately, using two emitters and two dopnets? I have added a small setup where the river simulation is created, and another simulation of a liquid. Both separately. I would appreciate if someone can help me with this problem. Thank you very much and I hope you are all well.
Best regards

Image Not Found
calipso
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will make a deep look to the file. Looks like both liquid are created in the same flip solver, and only the smoke is mixed. Lets see if i can get good ideas from this setup. Thanks Enivob
calipso
Solved.

Use split node after the dop import fields, select your stream of particles and do the cacheĀ  independently
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.