Search - User list
Full Version: Incorrect pyro collisions and some questions on the way. Can you help me fix this?
Root » Houdini Learning Materials » Incorrect pyro collisions and some questions on the way. Can you help me fix this?
Nusmad
Hi! Im doing some personal project where some kind of ceramic pot is launched to the wall and some smoke appears on the collision. I have come questions and hope you guys can help me to solve them. First of all, I created a simple rbd sim to destroy the pot and from it i added a debris source to spawn particles and smoke, the problem comes with the collision of the mesh, I created a vdb from polygons and created the fields that pyro needed (2nd image) (4th image) but when I visualice the colliders on the smoke object (1st image) the colliders appear to be low res and they doesnt match the input //I tried to decrease the voxel size on the vdb but it doesnt do anything.

Another question that I have is how can I make the smoke stick to the colliders, I come from applied houdini Dynamics IV and there is some kind of Correct collisions that houdini 17.5 doesnt have. (3rd image)

Here is the .hip file with the .fbx of the pot. link to google drive [drive.google.com]

Thanks for the help!
N-G
All fields in partially or fully volume based simulations such as pyro or flip are resampled to be as same size as the main container provided in smoke object or flip object.
So as you increase your VDB resolution it is being resampled to match with other fields in DOP.
Therefore you should increase your volume resolution in DOP otherwise increasing resolution of VDB in SOP beyond DOP resolution is useless!

About your second question, it is at Advanced tab inside Collision sub tab now.
Nusmad
N-G
All fields in partially or fully volume based simulations such as pyro or flip are resampled to be as same size as the main container provided in smoke object or flip object.
So as you increase your VDB resolution it is being resampled to match with other fields in DOP.
Therefore you should increase your volume resolution in DOP otherwise increasing resolution of VDB in SOP beyond DOP resolution is useless!

About your second question, it is at Advanced tab inside Collision sub tab now.
Thank you so much! this thing was killing my brain and that solved the problem!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.