Search - User list
Full Version: Quad Remesher
Root » Technical Discussion » Quad Remesher
Island
Has anyone gotten the Lab node for Quad Remesher to work? I tried downloading a trial and consistantly get a crash with the exoside_quadremesher node. I have the Lab installed (the GameDev replacement). It is not the model, as I get the same crash just modeling the pig head to the exoside node.

Update: apparently it does not work on a Mac.
Island
Unfortunately, the Labs Instant Meshes doesn't work on Catalina either. Only about half the Lab plugins will not crash Houdini.
Anthony Morrelle
Just found out that it doesn't work on Linux either. I just spent an hour trying to get it to work.
Konstantin Magnus
I really hope SideFX doesn't make a habit of merely linking to external tools.
tamte
Konstantin Magnus
AFAIK Instant Meshes has been rebuilt as Houdini native DSO so that it can take input flow lines and it shouldn't need external process anymore
Konstantin Magnus
tamte
AFAIK Instant Meshes has been rebuilt as Houdini native DSO so that it can take input flow lines and it shouldn't need external process anymore

Well, then let's hope they get it working again
tamte
Konstantin Magnus
tamte

Well, then let's hope they get it working again
It's up to specific bug report I guess, it works for me on windows, didn't try Linux or macos build
Yuri Serizawa
For Linux, if anybody interested, I have a modified version of Labs Quadremesher node to work on Linux.
https://github.com/teddy8193/HDA/tree/master/Labs_QuadRemesher_Linux [github.com]

I basically applied the same modification as the unofficial version of Blender addon for Quad Remesher utilizing Wine.
Disclaimer though, I made this at home with my Indie license so it comes with hdalc file type.
geordiemartinez
I purchased a license a while back.
just tested in houdini 18.0.592 and it works on windows 10.
aup
hi guys! i have been trying to use the trial in houdini 18.5.532, but it says it cant connect to the internet. that is weird as im connected and houdini can access the net.
using apprentiece version igf it makes a difference.
any idea?
arvidurs
I just tried the latest labs build on Houdini 19.5.640 - I'm getting a lot of QT errors when trying to open the license manager. Is there a way to license the product without the UI? Or are there other workarounds?
arvidurs
Okay, I can just launch the standalone licensemanager instead opening it through houdini. that allows me to license it.
/home/edna/.local/share/Exoside/QuadRemesher/Datas_Houdini/QuadRemesherEngine_1.2/xrLicenseManager
BabaJ
Konstantin Magnus

So True.

I was just in the TAB menu....and was typing real quickly and happened to finger fudge laying down an exoside_quadmesher node.

Then, this automatic process starts up installing the QuadRemesher Engine without asking,

and then this popup shows for QuadRemesher 1.2 License Activation with links to exoside website to buy the license.

Just my preference, but SideFX - No, let's not go down this type of path, don't like this type of behaviour at all.

Think this qualifies for an RFE - refrain from request.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.