PDG Launch Warnings in H18.0.391

1449   3   0
101 posts
Hey all,

I keep getting these warnings when I launch Houdini. I've even tried a wipe and fresh install and the errors persist. Any tips?

PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘houdini’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\houdini’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘partitioners’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\partitioners’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘schedulers’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\schedulers’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘utils’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\utils’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘houdini’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\houdini’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘partitioners’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\partitioners’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘schedulers’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\schedulers’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘utils’ which was previously imported from ‘C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.391/houdini/pdg/types\utils’
101 posts
I can't be the only one that has experienced this. No one has any feedback on this?
41 posts
There’s other threads about this. I’ve even posted about these Console messages appearing since v .391 and .416.

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/72515/#post-309230 [www.sidefx.com]

I do not have a specific answer to resolving the issue although mine did go away while experimenting with the env file. There are other suggestions too in different threads I came across (do a search) but did not work for me while it did for other users. Unfortunately I have not seen anything official from Houdini/SideFX staff.

One thing I do notice in the warnings you have is there are different backslashes used throughout the paths like I had. Are you on Windows, MAC, or Linux? I am on Windows 10.
Edited by Pixel8d - April 26, 2020 14:09:04
H Indie | LightWave | ZBrush | Clarisse iFX | HDR Light Studio Pro | RenderMan
7755 posts
This is usually caused by the Houdini install folder appearing in the $HOUDINI_PATH more than once. Remember ‘&’ is short for default HOUDINI_PATH which includes the install (HFS) folder.

Double check your houdini.env to see that you haven't done something like this:

HOUDINI_PATH = "/my_plugin1;&"
HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH;/myplugin2;&"

which will insert the houdini root folder twice.
  • Quick Links