Search - User list
Full Version: Merged render nodes don't follow frame range [Solved]
Root » Technical Discussion » Merged render nodes don't follow frame range [Solved]
GlennimusPrime
I have 3 Redshift render nodes piping into a single merge.

Each Redshift ROP has its own camera set and frame range set 1-75 76-150 151-225

When I render from the merge node, the first Redshift ROP wants to keep rendering all the way through to frame 225, even though it is set to only render frames 1-75.

What am I doing wrong?
CYTE
Hey GlennimusPrime,

You have to set the frame ranges to strict.

Cheers
CYTE
GlennimusPrime
Ahhhhh thank you!
AhmedHindy
what about File cache SOP in Houdini 19.0?
I have the same problem with those
eikonoklastes
You don't need to necessarily merge the ROPs. You can select all of them and hit Render on any one and Houdini will render them all in sequence, and respect their frame ranges.
AhmedHindy
eikonoklastes
You don't need to necessarily merge the ROPs. You can select all of them and hit Render on any one and Houdini will render them all in sequence, and respect their frame ranges.

yeah but these are FLIP related file caches and I want Houdini to render them in a very specific order
proceduralist
After frying my brain because of frustration, stumbled upon this thread while facing the issue of Redshift completely ignoring my specific frame ranges while rendering multiple ROPs. I'm using Houdini 19.5.640 and Redshift 3.5.16. Truly grateful to all here. Highly indebted to forums forever.

What is the purpose of then 'render frame range' if it rebels out of the blue and ends up rendering the frames that I don't want to render? Why in the option set to 'render frame range' the frame range instructions are ignored?

Drawing an analogy here, I mean, the software must 'strictly follow' every parameter that is being fed into it, isn't it? If I want to extrude something or move something precisely 2cm, then it should get extruded to 2cm. Why should I deliberately choose an option with 'strict' label? The meaning of the numerical value of 2cm is lost then if I am not using 'strict' version.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.