RFE File SOP info

4482   4   1
387 posts
REF File Sop - MMB shows current filename

It'd be great if the File SOP reported the filename it's using.
This information would appear, say, when you MMB on the node, and
in the Extended Information.

Nb. When the file sop cannot load a filename, it goes red and MMB reports
the filename it is trying to load (which is great). The problem is when
there's not an error, this info isn't there.

eg. I have a crazy expression in a File SOP, and it would be useful to see
the actual filename it generates:

`substr( chsraw(“../../file4_filename”), 0, rindex( chsraw(“../../file4_filename”), “$”))``padzero(4, $F+1)``substr( chsraw(“../../file4_filename”), rindex( chsraw(“../../file4_filename”), “.”), 1000)`

cheers,
ben.
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
268 posts
agreed! in the mean time I usually end up echoing the field in the texport to check it.. echo `chs(“file”)`
387 posts
Yeah yeah. It might be faster to just insert a ‘z’ at the end of the line (so it goes red)
and then MMB on it. blah blah blah.. I'm not saying I can't work it out. :-)

I'm just saying it would be convenient if the filename simply appeared with the MMB info. RFE-like.
''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
321 posts
ben simons
Yeah yeah. It might be faster to just insert a ‘z’ at the end of the line (so it goes red)
and then MMB on it. blah blah blah.. I'm not saying I can't work it out. :-)

I'm just saying it would be convenient if the filename simply appeared with the MMB info. RFE-like.
Definitely a good RFE, not sure of performance implications. However, next best thing is to make a RMB script and put a pointer to it into the OPmenu file, which simply does a ‘message `chs(“$arg1/file”)`’. I've done that for many different operators that have a parameter called ‘file’.

– Antoine
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com
ooh yeah … totally second this… I also had a crazy FileSOP time ago when was trying to create a simple stupid crowd.. file SOP was loading many different chars and pros.. and was painfull to identify correct ones… I ended by using lot of attribcreate to check such names.

i guess the problem would be (read: cooking time before info gets out), like in my case, when such fileSOP are driven by copy/stamping…
JcN
VisualCortexLab Ltd :: www.visualcortexlab.com
  • Quick Links