Search - User list
Full Version: Imported FBX camera & export to UE4 - workflow
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » Imported FBX camera & export to UE4 - workflow
inversionstudio
Hi guys, I've been wracking my brains on how to get a workflow working for camera export in/out of houdini to UE4.

We have a series of camera tracks with geo, that we need to import into a houdini to make a master scene, move them around to where we need to and then re-export the fbx camera and geo back out so that we can import it into UE4.

This is the scene which has been connected to UE4 as a hda:

When we import the first of 9 camera fbx files we get this (terrain in yellow / fbx camera in red)

The fbx camera node network looks like this:

But we only need the rough geo and camera (nodes in green):

We had to globally scale down the fbx file from 1 –> 0.01 to make it fit our scene correctly and now had to move it into a particular position (in red):

Now we need to export the 160 frame camera and geo from this new position so that it can be used in UE4 and we seem to be having a lot of issues with camera rotations, geo scale issues and also we have to export both geo and camera separately.

These were my fbx export settings:

What are we doing wrong or is there a proper workflow I should be using?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys.
inversionstudio
Does anyone have any suggestions on this?
Basically just trying to export an fbx camera and geo from houdini to UE4…..anyone got any advice on this process?

Thanks
petewallaceguildhall
Hello there,
Did you find a solution to get a camera from Houdini to Unreal?
FJSam
Anyone Found any soln Yet ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.