Visual Studio JIT Debugger crashing mplay?

2520   0   0
33 posts
Hey guys. I'm having a strange issue I've noticed recently, after having installed Visual Studio: My renders very frequently crash, popping up the Just-In-Time debugging window. It seems to only happen when there's an object in the scene, in which case it seems to happen nearly every single time. This is on both 8.1.866 and 8.2.13.
If I disable the debugger (fyi, you might have to rename the vsjitdebugger executable from your system32 directory to do so, or reinstall the old drwtsn debugger), no problem. And that's probably not a bad idea, because it seems to like to force a lot of applications to close when there's an error, but when it's also not really necessary to do so.
On the otherhand, this supposedly only ever pops up when a program really is doing something it shouldn't be doing, which has caused some type of exception. In this case, if I load mplay into the debugger, it tells me that the application has failed in an attempt to read a block of memory. But the exact error code seems to vary.

Oh, and if it helps any, launching just mplay by itself separately will also cause the same crash, up until I delete whatever mplay lock file has been left behind by the last crash.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else is running vs2k5 and Houdini side by side, so maybe that's just me. :?
  • Quick Links