animation editor

1124   2   2
407 posts
When I'm in the Graph editor in the animation editor editing curves, I can navigate with just the Left- Middle- and Right mouse buttons. But as soon as I switch to the Dopesheet, I'm in a different world and I can only zoom with the Alt+RMB and have to use the navigation bar at the top to scale and move the view.

Very strange and annoying to be honest, is there a way to make the Dopesheet behave like the Graph editor ? I've been looking at the prefs but could not find anyting.

Thanks,

R.
Edited by toonafish - June 14, 2020 00:23:10
2531 posts
I have noticed a similar issue with the viewport and the network view. Sometimes within the same view I can middle-click drag and then moments later that no longer works and I have to add the ALT-KEY to middle click drag.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
331 posts
toonafish
When I'm in the Graph editor in the animation editor editing curves, I can navigate with just the Left- Middle- and Right mouse buttons. But as soon as I switch to the Dopesheet, I'm in a different world and I can only zoom with the Alt+RMB and have to use the navigation bar at the top to scale and move the view.

Very strange and annoying to be honest, is there a way to make the Dopesheet behave like the Graph editor ? I've been looking at the prefs but could not find anyting.

Thanks,

R.
The Dopesheet definitely needs an overhaul. It's a bit of a usability nightmare, to be honest.
  • Quick Links