Search - User list
Full Version: "Tame" a jumpy curve in CHOP
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » "Tame" a jumpy curve in CHOP
windzerg
Hi,

Is there a way in CHOP to pull all the peak points to one level, and all the valley points to another level? (attached is a sketch) I tried a few nodes like lag, math, etc, but not very ideal. It doesn't have to perfect, but close enough so I can clamp it.

I wonder if there's a way to do it in code mathematically.

Thank you!
anon_user_40689665
see attached,
not sure about chops, but you can round-trip through sops to do whatever you want with it.
BabaJ
Maybe…yes and no. In Chops there is a limit node that can set max peak and min valley. But you get a ‘hold’ on those ‘clamped’ values rather than an ease in/out.

And you could ‘add’ those peaks and valleys, but I don't recommend it…as it is alot of work, a bit frustrating to get the hang of, and the longer the frame sequence…the more dogged tired your gonna get…shouldn't even have mentioned this part.

But in your diagram the resulting wave form doesn't look like it includes peaks/valleys less than the clamped values. So if you simply wanted a continuous wave form just use an initial wave node to get that.
windzerg
Hi @cpb, your file works! Thank you! Not sure if I can figure all your nodes out but it's been very helpful.

@BabaJ, I understand, but I want to have wave somewhat responding to another wave, not creating from scratch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.