popup windows

1755   3   1
407 posts
What's up with the pop up windows in Houdini ?

When I import an FBX several times, the top of the window is slowly moving up every time untill it's disappearing behind the upper edge of my screen. And the frustrating thing is, the window itself can't be selected, scaled or moved. Why such sloppy design ??

How can I open the FBX import window so it's not half hidden behind the screen ? Or move it around without restarting Houdini ? I tried scaling the whole Houdini screen, but nothing seems to help.

Also when I open screens like the color window, most of the time the top edge disappears behind the upper screen edge and I always have to scale it a bit before I can move it where I want.

Is there a way to not have windows open half hidden under the top screen edge ?

The Houdini GUI is really showing it's age, it's like a trip back to the 90's.

Thanks,

R.
Edited by toonafish - June 30, 2020 07:58:43

Attachments:
fbx-import.jpg (39.0 KB)

14 posts
Hi,

Try changing your ‘Icon Size and Layout’ to ‘Compact’ in EDIT>>PREFERENCES>>GENERAL USER INTERFACE. You will need to restart a new session of Houdini for it to work.

I had the same issue and found this to work.

Hope it helps…
407 posts
Thanks, I tried that and the interface is more compact for sure. But I tested opening the Display options a few times and the panel is still slowly creeping upwards every time I open it until it disappears behind the top of the screen, and I still can't move or scale the window other then with the white top bar.

Strange that it solved the problem for you though.

Maybe you're on a different version ? I reported this to Support and it seems it's solved in 18.0.514. But I'm still on 460 because of Redshift.

Cheers,

R.
14 posts
I'm on 391.

I can't resize the window but don't have that creeping effect.
  • Quick Links