Search - User list
Full Version: Sphere with interconnecting nodes
Root » Houdini Indie and Apprentice » Sphere with interconnecting nodes
vonfinck
Hi everyone,

i thought i start my second attempt of finally getting in-depth into houdini with a hands-on project.

For a project i have to build visualisations (static ones). It is not a complex thing but I want to get it specifically done in houdini.

A sphere of dots with interconnecting nodes that connect a bit randomly. Sometimes with one or two, sometimes with more nodes.

This is the best reference in type I could find.

also this one

Normally i would use blender or 3dsMax, create a sphere and either do it via a texture with alpha or preferrably a particle shader distributed over verticies. BUT it always bugged me that I could not make it more randomly connecting.

Hence the plan to create a phere with more random distribution and interconnection of points.

After an hour of searching up and down i still have not getting closer to a method.

Would a kind soul point me to a tutorial, method, step by step guide, tip (seriously, i take anything at this point) on how to do it?

Thanks a lot
kasimir
Hey Mestela, thanks!
Into the depth right away. I see.

I will try my best to apply it to the sphere with edges problem tonight.
vonfinck
To be also a bit more precise
How to best make a visualisation like this:

The goal for the the final visualisation is the first post but much cleaner, maybe some trianbles in opaque.

or the style of this but around shapes or onto mesh surfaces?

Big thanks for any further tips and tricks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.