Search - User list
Full Version: Match-stick-man
Root » Work in Progress » Match-stick-man
Mogfx

Hi, everyone. First post here
This simulation involves 3 simulations driving each one driving the next: eroding the matchstick with a sop solver to get a the deformed shape and also generate the fuel for the pyro sim. I might have overengineered it (just a little) with the flame temperature feeding back to the geometry and accumulating as a “glow” attribute for shading. I'll probably change that to something more manual.

Looking for some critique and how to improve this. Tips on how to do a better breakdown would also be appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Aleckb
It all looks super rad!

My only bit of advice would be to add some viscosity to the flames to get a more singular and candle-like look. There is so much shredding on the flame that it makes the fire look much larger than it should be in comparison to the match.
Mogfx
Thanks for the very specific advice! I kinda liked the larger flame because it kinda fits the angry stickman, but now that I look at it it feels a little silly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.