Search - User list
Full Version: HQueue - Invalid output patth specified in output driver
Root » Technical Discussion » HQueue - Invalid output patth specified in output driver
OneBigTree
I am trying to submit a very simple Redshift scene to HQueue, but no matter what I type in the output patch I get the same error:

Invalid output path specified in output driver (/out/Redshift_ROP1)
Make sure that either $HIP or $JOB is used in the output path.

I am using $HIP or $JOB just for testing but I want also to be able to specify a custom path anywhere in my network, since I have a NAS I am rendering to.

Also I f I use “render current HIP File”, HQueue is unable to find the file which is also on the NAS.
I am completely at a loss here. All the access rights are set and I and HQueue working in previous versions (kinda).
mrCatfish
Just to be clear, if you use $HIP or $JOB, it does work?
OneBigTree
mrCatfish
Just to be clear, if you use $HIP or $JOB, it does work?
No it doesn't.

But never mind, using Afanasy now, works without any problems and is super fast.
phoehsl
Same problem here and no idea where to find a solution. Anyone with some ideas?
joostkonemann
Same problem... HQueue with Redshift works fine if I have the hip file already on the shared location and use "Render Current HIP File". But "Copy Project Files to Shared Folder and Render" is triggering this issue.
I posted the issue in the Redshift forums as well.
joostkonemann
I was pointed to a workaround on the Redshift forum:

If somebody else stumbles upon this post to fix it you have to open it's python definition in hqrop.py and add the following lines after the if at line 98:
    elif rop_type == 'Redshift_ROP':
        output_parm = rop_node.parm('RS_outputFileNamePrefix')

It did solve the "Invalid output path" error, but now I'm getting an error related to some utf-8 byte which cannot be decoded...
joostkonemann
For others who may encounter the same error. I got this error after fixing the "Invalid output path":

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1929: invalid continuation byte

Fixed by changing /Applications/Houdini/Houdini19.0.630/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/19.0/Resources/houdini/python3.7libs/hutil/file.py line 35 from:
    return hashlib.sha1(readFile(file_path)).hexdigest()
to
    return hashlib.sha1(readFile(file_path, True)).hexdigest()

BTW: I'm on macOS.
zjim
joostkonemann
For others who may encounter the same error. I got this error after fixing the "Invalid output path":

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1929: invalid continuation byte

Fixed by changing /Applications/Houdini/Houdini19.0.630/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/19.0/Resources/houdini/python3.7libs/hutil/file.py line 35 from:
to

BTW: I'm on macOS.
Hi joostkonemann,
Thanks for your answer, It's success after modify those codes by your wrote. Let me summary.
1) Error: Invalid output path specified in output driver
Modify the hqrop.py(...\houdini\python3.7libs\hqrop.py), append below at line 99
elif rop_type == 'Redshift_ROP':
         output_parm = rop_node.parm('RS_outputFileNamePrefix')
2) Error: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1929: invalid continuation byte
Modify the file.py(...\houdini\python3.7libs\hutil\file.py)
replace to
3) Restart houdini
It worked fine after modify at least now. It will be repair furture probably. It's a way to solve it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.