Error Message, need help please.

1281   6   1
33 posts
Hi, I haven't had any luck with anyone responding. I'm getting better at houdini but keep getting this error message :-(
anyone can help please?

Attachments:
2020-08-02.png (619.9 KB)

731 posts
I assume you are trying to render when this happens?

Mantra is trying to save out some temp files and use them for rendering. For some reason this is failing, (is the directory above read-only?). I'd start by caching your geo to disc before rendering, and use packed prims if possible to render.

If for some reason you can't do this, in the mantra ROP, try turning on Driver -> Save Geometery Inline. This will make it so the geo is stored in the IFD and the temp files are not written out.

Sean
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
7762 posts
mrCatfish

Mantra is trying to save out some temp files and use them for rendering. For some reason this is failing, (is the directory above read-only?). I'd start by caching your geo to disc before rendering, and use packed prims if possible to render.

If for some reason you can't do this, in the mantra ROP, try turning on Driver -> Save Geometery Inline. This will make it so the geo is stored in the IFD and the temp files are not written out.

Sean

I've seen this happen when IPR is running if the changes are made too rapidly–by the time the ipr render is loading the file, it's already been deleted and a new output created.

I would turn off IPR while modelling as it will only slow things down.
Edited by jsmack - Aug. 3, 2020 13:35:52
33 posts
jsmack
mrCatfish

Sean

I've seen this happen when IPR is running if the changes are made too rapidly–by the time the ipr render is loading the file, it's already been deleted and a new output created.

I would turn off IPR while modelling as it will only slow things down.

I'm new so not sure how to turn off IPR. Is it the red/stop button next to render? Not much luck with my google searches.
I did try to render but I get that even when I'm simply trying to create geometry or model things.
33 posts
mrCatfish

Sean

I'm new so not sure how to turn off IPR. Is it the red/stop button next to render? Not much luck with my google searches.
I did try to render but I get that even when I'm simply trying to create geometry or model things.
7762 posts
plabill23
I'm new so not sure how to turn off IPR. Is it the red/stop button next to render?

Yes.

plabill23

After trying a render in the render view, it will keep rendering forever until ‘stop’ is pressed.

Attachments:
stop_ipr.png (11.5 KB)

33 posts
jsmack
plabill23
I'm new so not sure how to turn off IPR. Is it the red/stop button next to render?

Yes.

plabill23

After trying a render in the render view, it will keep rendering forever until ‘stop’ is pressed.

Thank you
  • Quick Links