Search - User list
Full Version: Mantra Error trying to render a sequence
Root » Technical Discussion » Mantra Error trying to render a sequence
logix
Hello,
I am trying to render a very simple sequence of medium res fire and every time I try and render a sequence locally i get an error after it renders the first frame to mplay:

Command Exit Code: -1073741819

What exactly is this?

sometimes I will get an error saying this:
Command Exit Code: -1073741819

mantra: Unable to clean up temp geometry: C:/Users/daniel/AppData/Local/Temp/houdini_temp/ifds/storage/13244_pyro_fire_shader_rd1.1_000_4402.bgeo.sc

I'm not sure what triggers these error msgs. I restarted my machine and I am using the latest houdini build. Houdini.18.0.532

Please someone let me know.

I will attach my scene file

Thank you.
Tokmyra
I have been getting the same thing lately. Mantra is doing it to me. Same error but with mantra context. I sure hope windows 10 didn't do something stupid again. I'm just really getting to learn Houdini well, but have not went in to a system level setup. Does anyone know if we can change the temp directory from the AppData folder, and put that temporary data on a different drive?

What I've had to do to keep Houdini from crashing after a while is delete mantra and recreate it. I have to do that after about every 5 renders. I have not had issues doing an image sequence to disk, and Mplay seems to do OK, but I don't use MPlay to much.

Thanks
jerry7
Could you delete the temp file in Windows Explorer?
If there are some file system problems, Check mantra > driver > Save Geometry inline to disable temp geometry.

For pyro volume, you'd better cache to disk first and then load them as disk packed primitive for render.
Tokmyra
Thanks Jerry, That seemed to help, I will see in time.
logix
jerry7
If there are some file system problems, Check mantra > driver > Save Geometry inline to disable temp geometry.

For pyro volume, you'd better cache to disk first and then load them as disk packed primitive for render.

Thanks for the response. This did not work for me unfortunately. Is there anything else I can do ?
I installed houdini on another computer that I have and it works perfectly. I have no idea it suddenly stopped working on my current work machine… This is very strange.

Thank you
jerry7
logix
jerry7

Thanks for the response. This did not work for me unfortunately. Is there anything else I can do ?
I installed houdini on another computer that I have and it works perfectly. I have no idea it suddenly stopped working on my current work machine… This is very strange.

Thank you

I have never had this problem too.

Try the following:
Check if your disk is full.
Backup and delete user setting folder that is C:/Users/yourname/Documents/houdini18.0 ,and restart houdini.
logix
jerry7
Backup and delete user setting folder that is C:/Users/yourname/Documents/houdini18.0 ,and restart houdini.

This worked !!! Thank you jerry !
vudathasai2
I'm facing this issue too, I think it is windowsOS is not handling the temp file, not sure why! waiting for the correct solution, anybody found it?
Ujjval
jerry7

Wow! that's magically works for me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.