Search - User list
Full Version: Which technique does the trick
Root » Technical Discussion » Which technique does the trick
plabill23
So I have 2 versions of this retro refrigerator I'm trying to model.

One I can't get the bottom straight without affecting everything else (boolean/bevel) and the other is not quite what I want but seems to get the right shape. Any tips on how to take the first version but make the bottom of the fridge squareish..

the one with the boolean gives me the best result aesthetic wise but I can't get the bottom straight without affecting everything else (ie edge loop)

Also in the first one how do i get the boolean to affect tge edge of the cut ?

eikonoklastes
It would help if you could post a reference image/sketch of what you're trying to achieve.
plabill23
eikonoklastes
It would help if you could post a reference image/sketch of what you're trying to achieve.
i have 4 images attached above. Did they not post??
plabill23
eikonoklastes

eikonoklastes
plabill23
eikonoklastes
i have 4 images attached above. Did they not post??

They posted, but they're not helpful in understanding what your intended goal is. Do you just want a flat base? You can just clip the bottom (with a Clip SOP).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.