Curve sop: how to select/move multiple points at a time?

2458   5   0
1004 posts
Once I've created my curve, is it possible to move points other than one at a time? Anyway of doing a marquee selection?

-Olivier
1004 posts
Arg!!

I just found this in the help:

“You can only move individual points at the geometry level. At the object level you can move the entire curve.”

That sucks! Oh well.

-Olivier
7737 posts
The curve tool can't, but the edit tool can still be used to select multiple points and translate however.
8525 posts
- and then write script to create curve sop with coordinates of edited points if you need insert more points and repeat as needed
- the hope is however that at some point there will be new curve sop with python viewport state that allows all that, or if you feel adventurous you can technically write such python state yourself
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
378 posts
jsmack
The curve tool can't, but the edit tool can still be used to select multiple points and translate however.

The problem however is when you need to add a point to the curve in the Curve SOP you'll have to do the edit again, so you would want to avoid using the edit until you are sure you don't want to change you curve anymore.
Maybe we need an edit_curve SOP where we can add points?
Edited by OneBigTree - Sept. 11, 2020 03:35:17
1004 posts
Thanks for all the info.

It was just for a simple task so, I just moved them one at a time. I'll keep the edit sop in mind next time!

-Olivier
  • Quick Links