Search - User list
Full Version: UDIM - Offest UDIM Tile doesn't function as expected
Root » Technical Discussion » UDIM - Offest UDIM Tile doesn't function as expected
Midphase
Ok, I have another UDIM-related question.

I have split my geometry into sub-groups that I want to assign to specific UDIM tiles before re-merging and finally exporting to Substance Painter.

I can re-assign the Default UDIM tile if it's a single tile, however if I have multiple tiles generated for each of my groups, and I was – say group one to use UDIM 1001 to 1003, and group two to use 1004 to 1007, I can't seem to be able to figure that out.

Let me post a couple of screenshots that can hopefully illustrate what the issue is. In the first screenshot, you can see the first UDIM set being generated, starting at tile 1001 and utilizing 3 tiles in total.

In the second screenshot you can see my second set, which I am specifying should start at UDIM tile 1004, however the set still begins at tile 1001.

How do I get the second group to start filling UDIM tiles from 1004 and on as I want? Hopefully this makes sense when you see the screenshots.

Midphase
As a follow up, I have been able to fix the issue by using a UV Edit node to slide the second set of three UDIM tiles to the right by three spaces.

It works, but it still feels like by inputting the Starting UDIM number as an offset value, it should do it automatically for me.

My question still stands, is there no way in the UV Layout node to offset the location of UDIMs so that they actually start as a specific UDIM tile number and go from there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.