Search - User list
Full Version: Running a Vellum Cloth Simulation in a For Each Loop?
Root » Technical Discussion » Running a Vellum Cloth Simulation in a For Each Loop?
RasmusHauschild
Hi there!
I am working on a procedural system for creating a stylized type of trees, where I use the Vellum solver to shape the Leaves.
The base of the tree top is made from a bunch of larger overlapping shapes, all of which individually serve as collision geometry for the Vellum simulations. I need to be able to run the vellum solver on each of these larger shapes separately, with no interaction between the simulations. I tried to simply run the Vellum solver over each of the shapes using a for each connected piece loop, however it seems like only the first pass works correctly, as all subsequent passes just mess up the first one, instead of running new simulations.

Does anyone know of a way to solve this, or perhaps a better way to go about it all?

Thank you in advance
toadstorm
This seems like a good candidate for a TOP network. You could use the Wedge TOP to switch the input to the Vellum simulation in your SOP network and the resulting cache on disk.
RasmusHauschild
Interesting! I'll look into that - thank you for your advice
geordiemartinez
Here is a great video that just came out.

https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/pdg-wedging-a-compile-sop-network/ [www.sidefx.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.