op syntax weirdness?

2936   3   1
639 posts
Hello,

I was just testing some super simple attrib transfer stuff using VEX point cloud stuff. So, in my “file input” filed of the pcopen vop, I have the op the following op syntax:

opobj/test/mygeo

Which doesn't work for me…
but, it seems to work perfectly when I something like:

opbj/test/mygeo

Is this intended design? Or is it some inconsistencies/bugs?

H8.1.903 on XP

Much thanks!
A
2199 posts
In the second example you aren't saying that the path comes from root so it will try and apply it relative to the current location, since you can't be in a node and at the root it will no doubt fail. Seems fairly consistent to me.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
639 posts
Hmm… I was thinking more in term as a path – this /obj/blah/blah seems to make a bit more sense to me than obj/blah/blah… So that in my vex parameter I'd can just put something like: op:`opinputpath(“.”, 1)` as opposed to op:`substr(…)`.

Anyways, either way is fine by me as long as it ultimately worked and doesn't hinder what I wanted to do. Just wanted to point it out if it was unintended design.

Thanks,
A.
2199 posts
Oops, I miss read your mail. ops:
I thought you were saying “/obj” works and “obj/” doesn't

Then i agree that is weird.

I've always used `opinputpath(“.”,0)`
which returns the full path, so i assumed the “/obj” would be the working version, if you echo out `opinputpath(“.”,0)` you get “/obj….”
so that doesn't add up with the “obj/” being the working version when you write it by hand.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
  • Quick Links