Search - User list
Full Version: Houdini fluid simulation position issue in UE4.25
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Houdini fluid simulation position issue in UE4.25
benjamincheba
Hello everybody.

I’ve been having issues since the start of the week with fluid simulations imported from houdini 18 with VAT. It is the first time I use fluid simulation from houdini in UE4. I managed to properly import my simulation, create its material and import my simulation in a niagara system.

When I try to call a niagara system containing my simulation (or even with a cascade emitter) with a blueprint it plays my fluid simulation at the origin of the world (0,0,0) and not at the location i decided it to be played to. However I can make the simulation play where i want if :

I spawn a niagara system attached (not at location) with the fluid simulation’s emitter not being local
space.
I create a niagara system component inside a blueprint that I set active (but it’s not convenient if I
want to have variety in the feedbacks I want to play…)

I tried to look for a solution on the internet but I didn’t find anything and I’m out of resources now. It’s really a problem now because I have small issues of feedbacks in my game and I believe finding the solution for this problem may solve other problems. I tried to find a solutions on the UE4 side but it wasn't concluent so I try with the Houdini side today.
Jung Yeontae
Did u fix the problem?? I have the same issue but there is no solution
Aislynn
I am having a similar issue. Plays at the right location if I place the system in the world but if I try to spawn it on an animation or something, it will rotate properly with the attached joint but will not have the correct position.

I've also noticed the position of the VAT mesh doesn't change if I set a system location in the emitter as well.

I suspect it's something with the VAT material but I've had no luck so far either
Aislynn
Actually I may have just figured out a fix. It works in the animations now at least, let me know if this works for y'all.

In the VAT fluid material function I replaced the actor position with particle position. Now it seems to be getting the right locations when called in an animation and when a location is set in the emitter.

The screenshot below is the section of the function after it grabs the position textures.
benjamincheba
Hello I'm terribly sorry I didn't see any notifications and I didn't see that other people had the same problem... Indeed I found the solution on my own a few months ago and I did what Aislynn did and it worked perfectly !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.