Landscape sometimes not linked to the Rest / HDA in Unreal

2067   4   0
30 posts
I have a weird problem with the new Version of Houdini. (maybe it's not related to the new version).

If I place my HDA in Unreal the landscape is detached from the rest. I realized that when I for example change something in the exposed HDA settings it sometimes snaps back to the rest.

Does someone know what can cause this? I'm afraid to debug every node

Best,
Chris

Attachments:
2020-10-24_15-54-44.png (972.8 KB)

30 posts
For anyone else who has this problem. Be careful with your erode node and different instances like Paths, Trees or Cliffs. I think I fixed it by disabling the right ones before adding it to unreal.If that erode node doesn't have the same state it can cause problems.

Update: I still have the problem. Maybe it was just luck before.
Update 2: Hmm, it looks like that if I change the landscape to 0 0 0 it matches again
Edited by ChrisGG - Oct. 26, 2020 04:09:24
30 posts
Well it looks like it's not working. I disabled now everything beside of some scattered test cubes. The scattered elements still doesn't match the Landscape.

Besides of this it takes forever to load into Unreal(5-10 minutes) and my CPU and GPU is at most 20% usage. Ram at 70-80% of 64GB.

I have also attached my log from Unreal. Maybe someone can help me out …

Attachments:
2020-10-31_11-59-50.png (1.7 MB)
Unreal_Log.txt (650.4 KB)

30 posts
Soooo … I rebuilt my setup node for node to check what is going on. Finally, I found the problem.

It's related to the Resample Node right before my second pass Erode Node.

1. Heightfield is set to 2017x 2017 with Division Mode “By Axis” and 256 Grid Samples
-> Everyhting Works
2. If I change the Heightfield size to 2017 Grid Samples with a Resample Node!!!(with specify exact resolution ticked on)and a Filter Scale of 1.5 it destroys my Scattering.
Edited by ChrisGG - Oct. 31, 2020 08:35:04
30 posts
This gets confusing. I could keep it quite stable but whenever I use one of the exposed parameters in my HDA (no matter which one) my landscape gets displaced again. It also happens with the same HDA (exact same version) if I press rebuild. But if I delete the HDA from the Unreal scene and drop a new one it works.
Edited by ChrisGG - Nov. 1, 2020 07:52:46
  • Quick Links