GUI Tab colors

2260   6   1
407 posts
Is there a way to adjust the color of the selected Tab in Houdini?

I tried adjusting the color settings and several custom color schemes but all seem to have the same problem that it's very hard to see which Tab is currently open.

The color of the selected Tab is almost the same as the unselected ones, the only way to see which one is open is by a tiny 2 pixel line that is a little bit lighter.

Would be great if it were more obvious which Tab is open.

Thanks,

R.

Attachments:
TAB_Colors.jpg (15.0 KB)

320 posts
not at computer so not sure of exact file but if I recall there is a .env file in C: . . . \documents\Houdini. there you can edit a number of things regarding desktop
407 posts
Hey, thanks.

I checked the .env file, but there’s not much to edit. I suppose one can add some code to adjust the GUI, but I wouldn’t know where to start as a plain vanilla user.
833 posts
Maybe check out this thread?

https://forums.odforce.net/topic/18089-houdini-theme/ [forums.odforce.net]
>>Kays
For my Houdini tutorials and more visit:
https://www.youtube.com/c/RightBrainedTutorials [www.youtube.com]
407 posts
Thanks, I’ll check it out.
320 posts
look under your Houdini version folder (where Houdini is installed) ie C:\H18.5\houdini\config there you will see several different files where you can change look
3DSceneColors.bw
3DSceneColors Dark
3DScemeColors light

open these in notepad or wordpad etc and scroll through and see what all is there. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF FILE FIRST that way if it goes awry you'll have a good copy to fall back to
Edited by bobc4d - Nov. 10, 2020 20:49:02
407 posts
Thanks.

I checked the 3DScenecolors files and looked into it, but it seems it's not possible to adjust the colors of the tabs as far as I can figure.

After some searching it seems I'm not the only one that thinks there's some room for improvement here and I ran into some posts of other users that have been trying to crack this nut before, unfortunately without success it seems.
  • Quick Links