Search - User list
Full Version: Heightfield and Solaris Help
Root » Houdini Lounge » Heightfield and Solaris Help
jtk700cln
Hey folks,

trying to get a heightfield map, exported as an exr, to work as a texture on a grid in solaris.

Im trying to get it to show up correctly with both the viewport first, and then karma second, but I am not having much success.

Anybody have any experience with this? Attached the scene file and the exr texture. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the texture itself, and the grid has uvs.

Thanks!!
Soothsayer
I see no hip file.

Did you attach a shader (to the correct location)?
jtk700cln
Hmm, I thought I attached the files….
sorry about that
jtk700cln
And apparently the texture was too large so im uploading it again at 1k.
Soothsayer
I'm not sure. Your texture is all black (intentional?) but apart from that I think something is odd with UVs (you don't have any). If you import it from a sopcreate, after applying UVs, it works. Otherwise it looks like every poly has its own set of uvs.
jtk700cln
Thanks Soothsayer. I fixed the map and now it is working!!!! Amazing Something else is happening though which is quite strange. When I switch from the lops context to the sops context, it automatically changes my scene to non-commercial. Is this a bug of some kind?
mtucker
I suspect you just need to download a new build of Houdini: https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/76640/ [www.sidefx.com]
jtk700cln
Thank you, downloading a new build now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.