Any tips on RBD concave ?

2106   4   1
21 posts
Starting with some coffee beans drop scene, when changing convex hull to concave, CPU cost flying up to ceiling, and houdini crashed

I thought it might be too brual force to bullet 500 coffee beans, but it's houdini right? There must be something I missed.
Edited by Jimmy_Fan - Dec. 4, 2020 11:10:50

Attachments:
1.png (59.8 KB)
2.png (591.6 KB)

Staff
727 posts
I'd generally advise against using concave shapes where possible - for a case like this you'll probably get much better results from using either VDB to Spheres or Convex Decomposition to generate proxy collision shapes.
555 posts
you're not seriously simming the beans with the actual ‘crack’ down the middle, are you ?

surely it's basically a half capsule.
21 posts
cwhite
I'd generally advise against using concave shapes where possible - for a case like this you'll probably get much better results from using either VDB to Spheres or Convex Decomposition to generate proxy collision shapes.

Yeah, it's indeed much faster with a relatively resonable convex !
21 posts
vusta
you're not seriously simming the beans with the actual ‘crack’ down the middle, are you ?

surely it's basically a half capsule.
Brilliant!
I used to generate 500 beans at a time with copy to point, did you meand to bullet beans within frame? I'll definately try that ! thx !
  • Quick Links