Search - User list
Full Version: Kinefx Corrective Shapes
Root » Technical Discussion » Kinefx Corrective Shapes
bvoldman1
Can someone advise on what the correct workflow would be to create a corrective shape on a kinefx rig?

With obj level rigs I use a shape difference node and some vex but this doesn't seem to work in kinefx.
edward
I think most old set ups should transfer over with the exception of how the shape is driven because now those values need to come from the kinefx joints instead of objects. Are you able to post an example of your old set up?
apls
I'm trying to figure out how to work with corrective shapes in KineFX as well and have been following this tutorial (not KineFX): Character rigging in Houdini - Corrective Shapes - Part 2 [www.youtube.com], but it doesn't work.

Should this workflow be somehow adjusted for KineFX? What should I specify in the ExtractBoneTransforms node?
apls
I've attached my hip file that crashes Houdini if you set the "Transforms Path" for the ShapeDiff to the CHOP node. I've already reported the bug but still thinking that I'm just doing something wrong.
apls
The bug with the CHOP node was fixed in the latest daily build 486, but the code still doesn't work as expected: something wrong with the ShapeDiff output mesh. The hip file is attached.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.