Search - User list
Full Version: Viewport volume orientation not matching render orientation.
Root » Technical Discussion » Viewport volume orientation not matching render orientation.
starzilla
I've come across an odd issue that seems simple but I'm baffled. I have a pyro sim that I've cached out and am reading from a file (as a .bgeo.sc). I am able to transform it with a translate and a scale perfectly fine but when I try to rotate it. It will rotate in the viewport but when I render it out, the rotation will not match... the rotation does appear to change, but it doesn't match what is happening in my viewport. Anyone seen this before? I am using Renderman, I haven't tried it in mantra, I thought it might be something to do with the voxel data and I've looked across the forums but haven't found a solution. I was just doing my sim at the origin because the directions were easy to manage the forces with, but now I need to orient it to fit a specific way in the scene.
starzilla
Should probably respond to my own post in case anyone else has this issue, I did end up figuring out that this had to do with where my transformations were located. I was doing local transformations in object space (at the geometry level) and this was not translating well to world space. I needed to do my transformations at the object level.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.