Search - User list
Full Version: Rendering position AOVs with (x, y, z, a) channels
Root » Technical Discussion » Rendering position AOVs with (x, y, z, a) channels
jordanlearnsthings
Hello SideFX community! This is my first post, so please excuse me for anything missing from my post.

I am beginning to dabble in Houdini for a project I am working on where I am trying to get a set of renders from both clarisse and houdini with position world passes for both.

So far I have been able to get a working render from each DCC with the appropriate AOVs (Extra Image Planes), but when I bring both into nuke, I found that the channel layer names of the houdini Position World pass were (r, g, b, a), while the clarisse Position World pass were (x, y, z, a).

As there is already some custom tooling that expects the (x, y, z, a) channel names, I was hoping I could get both sets of Position World passes to be in the form of (x, y, z, a). Is there any native houdini/SideFX tooling that allows for this when rendering extra Image Planes?

Thanks,
J
graham
Unfortunately Houdini doesn't provide any way to set the actual channel suffixes. You'll need to use other tooling (like openimageio) to post processs your rendered images to give you the exact naming you're looking for.
jordanlearnsthings
Apologies for the late reply, I had thought that this post failed to be created, but here it is!

Thanks Graham, that does answer my question, albeit not the answer I was hoping for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.