Karma - Rendering to disk error - husk: Invalid command line

4728   7   0
101 posts
Hey folks. I tried to find this error on the forum but didn't see anything about it. I'm getting the following error when trying to render current frame to disk from Karma inside a LOP setup. I haven't changed any of the defaults on the Karma Render node itself. When I get everything setup in my LOP scene and hit Render To Disk on the Karma node I get the following.

husk: Invalid command line: option '--make-output-path' cannot be specified more than once

Not sure what's going on but I did validate that the output path is correct and the folder does exist.

$HIP/render/$HIPNAME.$OS.$F4.exr

Any solutions would be appreciated.

H18.5.563 Indie

p.s. This error persists even if I try to render to MPlay.
Edited by Tobias Steiner - May 1, 2021 11:47:14
7737 posts
Does it happen in 18.5.532? I saw a change in the logs recently about makedirs being fixed. Maybe something is amiss this build.
101 posts
jsmack
Does it happen in 18.5.532? I saw a change in the logs recently about makedirs being fixed. Maybe something is amiss this build.

Awww crap. Yeah, it's a bug in the new production build.

I opened my project in 18.5.351 (that's the last production build I have installed) and it worked fine.

Well, hopefully they fix this quick. I'm sure others will yell eventually. To be fair, Karma is still in beta so no one should be screaming really lol.
7737 posts
Tobias Steiner
jsmack

I opened my project in 18.5.351 (that's the last production build I have installed) and it worked fine.

Well, hopefully they fix this quick. I'm sure others will yell eventually. To be fair, Karma is still in beta so no one should be screaming really lol.

Make sure to report it so that they do.
101 posts
jsmack
Tobias Steiner
jsmack

Make sure to report it so that they do.

Will do.
Staff
4435 posts
In the mean time, if you turn off the "Create Intermediate Directories" toggle in the Karma LOP this error goes away. Of course then husk doesn't create intermediate directories when saving images... But at least husk will run.
101 posts
mtucker
In the mean time, if you turn off the "Create Intermediate Directories" toggle in the Karma LOP this error goes away. Of course then husk doesn't create intermediate directories when saving images... But at least husk will run.

Tried that before. It doesn't actually render anything to disk.
7737 posts
Houdini 18.5.565 Fix recently introduced bug where the Karma LOP would add the make-output-path option to the husk command line twice, causing husk to fail to render if the "Create Intermediate Directories" option is enabled. Sat. May 1, 2021

Looks like it was fixed.
  • Quick Links