I cant build the project after installing Houdini Engine

4169   4   0
38 posts
Hi there!

I installed Houdini Engine and im getting some nasty error (First Time). i never saw those error before so appreciate any advice.

Unreal Version 4.26.2

Houdini engine versions I tried:
4.24 v2
2.25 v2

Houdini: 18.5.351

When i try to open the project it say:
Missing Houdini Modules
-HoudiniEngineRuntime
-HoudiniEngineEditor

if i rebuild it throw an error, i should build from VS.

From VS i get the follow errors:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: static class UClass * __cdecl UPhysicalMaterial::GetPrivateStaticClass(void)" (__imp_?GetPrivateStaticClass@UPhysicalMaterial@@CAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl FHoudiniEngineMaterialUtils::UpdateMaterialInstanceParameter(struct UGenericAttribute,class UMaterialInstanceConstant *,struct FHoudiniCookParams &)" (?UpdateMaterialInstanceParameter@FHoudiniEngineMaterialUtils@@SA_NUUGenericAttribute@@PEAVUMaterialInstanceConstant@@AEAUFHoudiniCookParams@@@Z) Houdini C:\UnrealProjects\Houdini\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.HoudiniEngineRuntime.3_of_4.cpp.obj 1

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_UPhysicalMaterial_NoRegister(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UClass_UPhysicalMaterial_NoRegister@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static struct UE4CodeGen_Private::FObjectPropertyParams const Z_Construct_UClass_UHoudiniAssetComponent_Statics::NewProp_GeneratedPhysMaterial''(void)" (??__E?NewProp_GeneratedPhysMaterial@Z_Construct_UClass_UHoudiniAssetComponent_Statics@@2UFObjectPropertyParams@UE4CodeGen_Private@@B@@YAXXZ) Houdini C:\UnrealProjects\Houdini\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.HoudiniEngineRuntime.gen.cpp.obj 1

Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UEnum * __cdecl Z_Construct_UEnum_PhysicsCore_ECollisionTraceFlag(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UEnum_PhysicsCore_ECollisionTraceFlag@@YAPEAVUEnum@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static struct UE4CodeGen_Private::FBytePropertyParams const Z_Construct_UClass_UHoudiniRuntimeSettings_Statics::NewProp_CollisionTraceFlag''(void)" (??__E?NewProp_CollisionTraceFlag@Z_Construct_UClass_UHoudiniRuntimeSettings_Statics@@2UFBytePropertyParams@UE4CodeGen_Private@@B@@YAXXZ) Houdini C:\UnrealProjects\Houdini\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.HoudiniEngineRuntime.gen.cpp.obj 1

And others.
If i delete Houdini Engine all is back to work
Edited by Fran Fernandez - June 7, 2021 08:27:12
18 posts
Did you add the plugin to your project/plugins or to the UE4/Engine/Plugins?

If added to Project/Plugins, be sure to right-click uproject and "Regenerate Project Files".
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

You're working with Unreal 4.26 but are using either a 4.24/4.25 versions of the plugin.
That's likely because the build of Houdini you're using was released before UE4.26 was released.
The error you're getting is expected, as the binaries of the plugin you're using were not build for UE4.26.

The easiest solution would be to simply install a more recent version of Houdini 18.5, that will have the 4.26 plugin.
Also, don't install the version 1 plugin, as it's now deprecated, you'll want to use the plugin that will be in the 4.26-v2 folder.
38 posts
Yes i did install to plugin folder, tried project and engine.

Is there a way to download the houdini engine from my current Unreal Version?
I cant change my Houdini version (company)

regards
38 posts
Update.

i found the V2 github, i download the Unreal Engine Houdini from there, generated files, build project on VS and is working!

Thank you!
  • Quick Links