Rigging simple prop (gun) to hand bone?

2187   3   2
46 posts
Been struggling with this one all day.
I have an fbx imported character with rig and I just want a way to rig a prop like a gun to the hand bone of the rig but cannot find a node that does this.

I thought there would be a node where you can just set up a blank capture and then I could manually weight paint the gun to 1 on the hand bone but cannot find anything like it.

Thanks.
46 posts
I have found a tutorial that explains how to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XPCNxefOz8 [www.youtube.com]

However I have used that method before but found the rigging to be off but this time I am packing manually so hopefully it works out.
172 posts
so, he basically shows how to capture the packed objects, what do you mean by " the rigging to be off "?
I contribute to the beauty of this world
46 posts
I had glasses previously and when I rotated the head they would overrotate to the chin but I was just messing around with things then so perhaps I did something wrong.
I have rotated my character around a bit and this time it is holding up.

However, say I had some other item of clothing that wasn't a solid object. How would I go about manually setting up a rig for it?

I usually use point deform and I know I can rig clothes using tet embed and bone capture biharmonic however with somethings neither of these methods work well.

I would like to know how I can assign a skeleton to an item of clothing or prop then manually paint the weights my self. Do you know of a way?
  • Quick Links