Unable to link glActiveTexture?

2852   2   1
3 posts
Hello, I am getting this a message in the Houdini Console ‘Unable to link glActiveTexture’. I get it every time I start Houdini or try to do anything. I am a complete newbie so I don't know if this is normal or not. Haven't been able to find any info on what this means and/or how to fix it if it is indeed a problem. I was hoping someone here would know what this is. Thanks.
Staff
5158 posts
This is usually a problem with the OpenGL driver (it says it supports multitexturing but doesn't provide all the methods, tsk tsk). You may be able to fix it by upgrading the video driver; however, unless you use multitexturing in SOPs, it shouldn't affect your Houdini session at all.

As with all video driver upgrades - keep your old one around, just in case it introduces an issue you can't work with. Been known to happen from time to time.
3 posts
My hardware is abit out of date so I am affraid that updating the video driver is not an option for me. However I truly aprieciate the suggestion though. and you were right, it's not preventing my sessionat all, making it a pain in the ass but that won't stop me.
  • Quick Links