omsbind

4075   7   2
2199 posts
Does anyone know any tricks to getting omsbind to work at object level for an asset.

I can use it fine for sops but doing this for an object doesn't seem to work

omsbind -t obj highlight objselect “First input” “Select the target null” 0 1 all 0 “” 0
omsbind -t obj highlight objselect “Second input” “Select the viewing camera” 1 1 all 0 “” 0

when I try to change my selection through the viewport it just treats my object as if it were a normal object and all I'm able to do is pick a parent. I need to get the user to pick a parent and a second input.

Running `omsls -t obj` doesn't actually list any available selectors for objects, so the objselect part just comes from the example in the help

omsbind -t obj blend objselect “Second Input” “Select the second blend input” 1 1 all

Binds a simple object selector to the second input of the blend object.

H8.2.13
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
63 posts
There was something fixed to omsbind in Houdini 8.2.84 (check the journal). It doesn't seem related to your issue though.
Cheers
2199 posts
Yeah that was another bug with it that i report last week. Quickly fixed as always.
7024 posts
Hi Simon,
I think you need to use Select Scripts, which in 8.2 are only available for Objects. It passes in whatever you select as arguments, which you can then use Hscript to put where you need them.

Cheers,

PeteR B
2199 posts
That works differently though - select scripts are run when you click on an object, an omsbind is run when you put done the operator in the viewport.
7024 posts
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I mean the select script that is in the Optype Properties, not the old one on the object itself…

Cheers,

Peter B
2199 posts
That looks like what I want, cheers Peter. How typical of Sesi to come up with two different ways to do the same thing! one works in obj contexts and the other in sops…
Yet the help for omsbind gives an object example which doesn't actually work.
:roll:
2199 posts
Next question - when using the selector scripts how do you get access to the current node path?

$arg0,$arg1…$argC are the selected objects but how do you get the path of the node running the script?

In event scripts $arg1 is the path to the calling node, but what do you do in selection scripts?

I want to do
opwire -n $arg0 -1 .

but that doesn't work.
  • Quick Links