LOPS Tutorial 4: Layerbreak doesn't show expected result

1398   1   1
1 posts
Hi there,

I am following the LOPS tutorial. The Shot Layout section about the layerbreak is a bit confusing to me. I don't get the discribed result when I disable the layerbreak. The usda file with an without the break are exactly the same and not what the tutorial says:

Now bypass the Layer Break LOP and save out the .usda file again. Note first of all how huge this new file is compared to the old one… approximately 5kb VS 1.6mb. Look at the file in a text editor and note that the entire sequence level structure is included twice: Once as a file pointer, and once as a huge block of ASCII text.

Did I wire something wrong or is the tutorial a bit outdate because something changed from 18 to 18.5?

Cheers

Attachments:
seq_layout.hipnc (979.9 KB)

127 posts
Not sure what tutorial you are working with or what state the example file is. Also don't know how your sublayer files are structured. But it looks right to me except for that merge node which would most likely merge everything above the layerbreak back in there causing the layerbreak to be useless probably.
Andreas Weidman
VFX Supervisor - Dupe VFX
www.dupevfx.com
  • Quick Links