HDA python help!

993   3   1
355 posts
Hi, I have this HDA (PT_Droplet) and what I want to happen is that whenever an instance of this node gets created I want it to also automatically create the attribpaint SOP and connect it into the first input as shown in image. How could I use python to accomplish this? Is there an on create node event or so and where in the 'Edit type operator properties' would I put the script?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-07-17 184037.jpg (10.7 KB)

hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
Staff
31 posts
I don't have houdini in front of me, but I know that you can create an "on created" python script. I believe it's on the scripts tab. I think there's a menu at the bottom that will create the section for you.
355 posts
lucap1
I don't have houdini in front of me, but I know that you can create an "on created" python script. I believe it's on the scripts tab. I think there's a menu at the bottom that will create the section for you.

Thanks @lucap1 Now I have an issue, I can't get the paint attrib node to connect to the first input! It throws an error. Any idea why (see image for code).

Attachments:
Screenshot 2021-07-17 230137.jpg (58.4 KB)

355 posts
miccetro
lucap1

Thanks @lucap1 Now I have an issue, I can't get the paint attrib node to connect to the first input! It throws an error. Any idea why (see image for code).
oh no worries, It's because the 'moveToGoodPosition' doesn't create a hou.Node but a vector object! My poor mistake lol.
  • Quick Links