Search - User list
Full Version: Consistent UV Unwrap Orientation?
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Consistent UV Unwrap Orientation?
Sorai
How can I get a consistent UV unwrap orientation with the UVing nodes? I'm working with tiling textures and need to make sure the direction and location of the unwrap stays consistent when changing the mesh. Example - 3 meter piece has numbers facing up and 6 meter piece has numbers facing down. I can't find any control to lock the orientation or location.
MaiAo
Sorai
tation with the UVin

Please try the file in the attachment. The main idea is to check which faces are merged together. In UV Autoseam SOP, changing Merge Threshold can prevent undesired merges. Then in UV Layout SOP, set Axis Alignment to "By Island Position in 3D". As a final touch, adjust the overall rotation with UV Transform SOP.
Sorai
MaiAo
Sorai
tation with the UVin

Please try the file in the attachment. The main idea is to check which faces are merged together. In UV Autoseam SOP, changing Merge Threshold can prevent undesired merges. Then in UV Layout SOP, set Axis Alignment to "By Island Position in 3D". As a final touch, adjust the overall rotation with UV Transform SOP.

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried looking at the file you sent, but it seems to have a similar issue to mine. At a size of 1 for the box on the bottom, the numbers are upwards, but at a size of 1.1, the numbers are sideways. Also, the UVs shift when changing the size.

I'm trying to make modular pieces that use tiling textures and the UVs expand beyond the 0-1 space. It would be great that if I have one 3m piece and one 6m piece that the two can tile seamlessly. However, if I start changing the dimensions of the second piece, the UVs both shift and rotate. It would be great if they can "grow", as if one side were pinned. I've attached my HDA - maybe that will help. The smaller cubes scale as expected, but the core piece doesn't for some reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.