Search - User list
Full Version: Rename prim paths possible in LOPS?
Root » Solaris and Karma » Rename prim paths possible in LOPS?
kskovbo
Hello,

Is it possible to rename prim paths on a referenced USDA file in LOPS?

What we're trying to do is to layer a USD hierarchy on top of another, however the naming in each hierarchy is slightly different.
We're hoping to be able to do this in somewhat of a procedural way, as we have a lot of files, with basic name changes such as:
rockA, rockB, rockC.

If you see the attached image, we're trying to reuse a part of the A hierarchy and overlay it over B, by renaming the A paths to B.

Is this possible? Or is there another way to achieve this result?

Thanks for your time!
Klaus
Andy_23
Hi there,

I was struggling with this the other day, too. I'm all new to LOPs so without better knowing I used a stage manager node. I'm also interested in a more procedural way.

Good luck.
jsmack
kskovbo
What we're trying to do is to layer a USD hierarchy on top of another, however the naming in each hierarchy is slightly different.
We're hoping to be able to do this in somewhat of a procedural way, as we have a lot of files, with basic name changes such as:
rockA, rockB, rockC.

If you see the attached image, we're trying to reuse a part of the A hierarchy and overlay it over B, by renaming the A paths to B.

Is this possible? Or is there another way to achieve this result?

It's not possible without flattening the stage and using SDF Copy Spec (stage manger does this.) It's best to build the correct hierarchy to begin with.
AnimGraphLab
@kskovbo I think you're looking for Restructure Scene Graph LOP [www.sidefx.com].

For example, this:

Becomes this:

Restructure Scene Graph LOP has a few other options:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.