Search - User list
Full Version: Labs Map Baker - Bake Per Piece Using Name
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Labs Map Baker - Bake Per Piece Using Name
adrianl
Hello,
Can I get some information about how the Bake Per Piece Using Name option under Advanced works?

By its name it might be something I could use, but I can't find any documentation about how it works.

Thanks!
Houseo_of_Secrets
Did you found out how to use it?
I am trying to get it to work, but it doesn't seem to work.
Ambrosiussen
Your high and lowpoly need to share a name attribute. It will then function as a mask so to speak.

Imagine if you have a metal panel with screws in it. (In both your high and low).

To get a clean bake, you would want the lowpoly screws to only sample from the matching highpoly screws, and not the (intersecting) panel. To get proper results you would therefore add matching name attributes on both the high and low and turn on that toggle.
Houseo_of_Secrets
Thanks for the explanation, I had my name attributes assigned wrong.
It works now!
tyen901
Hi - I'm having a bit of difficulty with these name attributes.

I've attached an example file with section of my nodes.

The issues are
1) The maps_baker regularly crashes with a segmentation fault. I've followed the advice here [www.sidefx.com] and here [www.sidefx.com]. I also ran a memory test using MemTest and it came back clear.
2) The "Bake Per Piece Using Name" attribute only appears to work for the 'body' name. It ignores the other.

Any help would be appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.