cops file path controled by vex, fails to show image SOLVED

1296   5   0
1004 posts
Hi!

I'm making a setup to read a different image at each frame. In a detail wrangle, I setup the image path like so:

frame 0 : "...folderA/green_texture.tif"
frame 1 : "...folderB/blue_texture.tif"

in the cops' file path, I used:
`details(../../texture_export_path/, "albedo")`

When I middle click on "File", I can see the path makes sens at each frame. Yet, only the frame 0 shows something in the composite view. At frame 1, I get an "X" image instead of the texture. Its odd because the path displayed at frame 1 looks good. I even copy/pasted the path to another file node and it works.

Anything I'm missing?
Edited by olivierth - Oct. 21, 2021 11:11:46

Attachments:
Houdini_Cops_path_problem.JPG (96.9 KB)

8532 posts
to access geometry of a sop operator you have to prefix your path with op:
`details("op:../../texture_export_path/", "albedo")`
Edited by tamte - Oct. 20, 2021 18:48:31
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
1004 posts
I tried adding the " op: " but it changes nothing. Also, even before I added that, the path was getting picked up from the wrangle as it should. I can tell because when I middle clicked on "File" to show the path, it looks just right. Not only that but when I do copy this path directly into another file node, I can see the image.

I would also like to better understand what the "X" means in the composite viewer. When I create a file node and type random letters in the file path, I get an error on the node and a black screen in the viewer. But with my path generated from the wrangle, I don't get any path error and I get that "X" in the viewer...
Edited by olivierth - Oct. 21, 2021 09:47:25

Attachments:
Houdini_Cops_path_problem_03.JPG (29.6 KB)

1004 posts
I just re-did the experiment from scratch with a simpler exemple. I still get the same problem. I even tried to switch the path that shows on frame 0 and 1. I always see the frame 0 but not the frame 1.

Attachments:
Houdini_Cops_path_problem_04.JPG (47.9 KB)
Houdini_Cops_path_problem_05.JPG (44.5 KB)

1004 posts
...I tried to use 2 other textures I never tried from another folder and now, both frame 0 and 1 dont work... I'm getting nowhere!!
Edited by olivierth - Oct. 21, 2021 10:57:17
1004 posts
YES!

I still don't know why my File node was not working, but using a VOP COP2 Generator with a colormap (with promoted cmap) works!!

Attachments:
Houdini_Cops_path_problem_06.JPG (30.4 KB)
Houdini_Cops_path_problem_07.JPG (30.2 KB)

• Quick Links