Loading a Houdini File via TOPs

1560   2   2
185 posts
Hey hey,

So was trying to load a Houdini file in the current session via TOPs, without much joy and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Currently just doing hou.hipFile.load() in a python script TOP. This doesn't work as, I assume, Houdini tries to load the hip file which still running TOPs resulting in Houdini locking up.

Is there a way I should be going about this? Seems like it should be straightforward so probably missing something obvious. Haven't had much luck noodling around myself.

Cheers,

Julian
Staff
593 posts
You can't load a .hip file into the same process that's actively cooking nodes. For the Python Script TOP, you'll need to have the Python Script running out of process in order safely load the file by setting the "Evaluate Script During" parameter to "Cook (Out of Process)".
49 posts
tpetrick
You can't load a .hip file into the same process that's actively cooking nodes. For the Python Script TOP, you'll need to have the Python Script running out of process in order safely load the file by setting the "Evaluate Script During" parameter to "Cook (Out of Process)".
Oh, didn't know it can be done this way. I always thought I have to start a Houdini command chain.
  • Quick Links