Search - User list
Full Version: Vertex Animation Texture error
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Vertex Animation Texture error
alexmont
I can not get this to work for the life of me. I followed along https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/vertex-animation-textures-for-unreal/ [www.sidefx.com] from this.

I keep getting the enclosed error message and I dont know what it means and where I need to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As soon as I add my input geometry I get the warning on the VAT. I assume its something to do with the fliptank fluid?
MaiAo
alexmont
I can not get this to work for the life of me. I followed along https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/vertex-animation-textures-for-unreal/ [www.sidefx.com] from this.

I keep getting the enclosed error message and I dont know what it means and where I need to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As soon as I add my input geometry I get the warning on the VAT. I assume its something to do with the fliptank fluid?

Hey Alex, most likely the particlefluidsurface1 node is converting geometry to Polygon Soup by default. If you change that to Polygon, it will be good. You can see the difference in primitive number as soon as you make the change.
alexmont
Thanks Mai,

I actually found the issue. I noticed when I unchecked the cache node it worked fine. What was happening was the cache node was pointed to a incorrect folder.

Also what is the poly limit for using this?

Thanks
Alex
MaiAo
alexmont
Thanks Mai,

I actually found the issue. I noticed when I unchecked the cache node it worked fine. What was happening was the cache node was pointed to a incorrect folder.

Thanks
Alex

Oh good to hear! Currently limit is your max possible texture width, e.g. 8192×99/3 = 270,336 triangles on the highest frame. If your input is not fully triangulated, you can triangulate it first to check the prim count. In an upcoming update ~December this year, this limit will be raised to 2.7 million though.
alexmont
MaiAo
alexmont
Thanks Mai,

Thanks
Alex

Oh good to hear! Currently limit is your max possible texture width, e.g. 8192×99/3 = 270,336 triangles on the highest frame. If your input is not fully triangulated, you can triangulate it first to check the prim count. In an upcoming update ~December this year, this limit will be raised to 2.7 million though.

Why 8192x99/3, how did you know to use those numbers to get 270,336 tris?

Wow thats huge improvement.

Thanks
A
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.