Transforming a USD geo

1396   3   1
38 posts
I have a model saved to a USD file that I'm importing to solaris as a sublayer. Is it possible to transform the contained geo without unpacking to polygons in a SOP? (It just needs a uniform scale)

I tried using a transform node in LOPs and the transform controls do nothing, with the message 'Warning Not a transformable primitive'

Cheers
710 posts
Is your asset's Primitive Type set to Scope? That will prevent it from being transformed. You could change it to Xform with a Configure Primitive LOP.
Edited by Siavash Tehrani - Nov. 29, 2021 14:22:06
7758 posts
mrboni
I tried using a transform node in LOPs and the transform controls do nothing, with the message 'Warning Not a transformable primitive'

The transform lop needs a target. Select the parent Xform prim of the model you want to transform. You could also use an edit lop with an interactive selection.
38 posts
It was this. Thank you. Very simple!

jsmack
mrboni

The transform lop needs a target. Select the parent Xform prim of the model you want to transform. You could also use an edit lop with an interactive selection.
  • Quick Links