Search - User list
Full Version: VAT 3.0 Unity install error
Root » Houdini for Realtime » VAT 3.0 Unity install error
seeplus
Hi,

Thanks for reaching my post.

I have ( NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object ) when ever I try to install the plugin to Unity (2021.2.0f1. I have another error inside shadergraph.
techsaby
I am also getting similar error for the shaders. Anyone knows how to fix it? I am using Unity version 2021.2.7f1.
MaiAo
techsaby
I am also getting similar error for the shaders. Anyone knows how to fix it? I am using Unity version 2021.2.7f1.

I'm getting inconsistent results between versions. Will test using 2.7f1 since it's an official version now. Will update as soon as I found a solution.
MaiAo
It appears that in recent versions, including 2.7f1, sub shader graph Properties without the Precision setting, such as Keyword, Dropdown, will cause the NullReferenceException error.

There is a line in Unity's ShaderSubGraphImporter.cs
GraphPrecision propGraphPrecision = prop.precision.ToGraphPrecision(graph.graphDefaultPrecision);
that references
prop.precision
and likely that is causing issues with the Keyword and Dropdown properties present in VAT3 shaders.

This error didn't exist with previous Unity versions. I'm in contact with Unity to see if they can fix this. I technically can implement a workaround by turning those precision-less properties into simple Booleans properties, but that is not ideal for performance.
techsaby
MaiAo
It appears that in recent versions, including 2.7f1, sub shader graph Properties without the Precision setting, such as Keyword, Dropdown, will cause the NullReferenceException error.

There is a line in Unity's ShaderSubGraphImporter.cs
GraphPrecision propGraphPrecision = prop.precision.ToGraphPrecision(graph.graphDefaultPrecision);
that references
prop.precision
and likely that is causing issues with the Keyword and Dropdown properties present in VAT3 shaders.

This error didn't exist with previous Unity versions. I'm in contact with Unity to see if they can fix this. I technically can implement a workaround by turning those precision-less properties into simple Booleans properties, but that is not ideal for performance.

Is there any update from Unity side yet?
Gand
I looking for any solution for this too. This feature gives hundreds of possibilities and I wanted to used it for project i working on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.