Render Product - primitive count

1417   3   2
143 posts
Hi,

in the Render Product node, there´s a primitive count option. My first intuition would be to use it to create per-Rendervar outputs in one node. If so, How do I do this? I mean, do a per-rendervar render product with individual Product names inside one node...
If wrong, what could this setting be used for?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Ivan
7755 posts
ivanmalek
If wrong, what could this setting be used for?

Primitive count is not specifically for the render product node. It's a generic setting for edit properties, which all Prim creation nodes inherit from.

Creating multiple products with the same node isn't necessarily useful, as setting the properties per product procedurally is not simple.

Using Render Product in a loop, with a count of 1, may offer the control needed to create a product per primvar.
143 posts
Thanks for clarifying, makes sense. i´ve started looking at the For-loop nodes as well, but somehow didn´t manage to run it over the rendervars, although the settings looked to me, like it should work. But I´ll do some more trial and error.
Staff
357 posts
You can take a look at the Karma Render Products LOP which allows you to create multiple render products with 1 node.
  • Quick Links