Deadline Render for H19

5489   9   4
240 posts
Does anyone know when we can expect Deadline to update for H19? It's been several months since 19 was released, and still no developments. We'd rather wait until the full version was officially supported rather than trying to hack our way through the adjustments ourselves.

Thanks,
Luke
Staff
463 posts
Deadline is an AWS Thinkbox product. If it doesn't support Houdini 19 I would suggest that you contact them directly for an update.
Edited by johnmather - Feb. 9, 2022 23:39:44
240 posts
We have been contacting them through the forums repeatedly, but that hasn't done much good. I wasn't sure if any of the developers here knew what might be up on their development end of things.
260 posts
Luke Letellier
We have been contacting them through the forums repeatedly, but that hasn't done much good. I wasn't sure if any of the developers here knew what might be up on their development end of things.

I think that's not something for the sesi devs to comment, but rather, the community.
There are some tricks to make Deadline work with H19, just do a search on youtube.

I don't know if that will work if the aws services right now, but hopefully I'll get that answer in a couple of weeks.
403 posts
guilhermecasagrandi
Luke Letellier

I think that's not something for the sesi devs to comment, but rather, the community.
There are some tricks to make Deadline work with H19, just do a search on youtube.

I don't know if that will work if the aws services right now, but hopefully I'll get that answer in a couple of weeks.

Youtube search gives nothing. Where is that hack you talking about please?

EDIT: Never mind, just installing as 18.5 and pointing at the H19 pref folder works eventually.
Edited by Adriano - March 24, 2022 19:27:13
260 posts
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Luke Letellier

EDIT: Never mind, just installing as 18.5 and pointing at the H19 pref folder works eventually.

There is a file in the database that you have to change. There were several YT videos on that, but the one that I've watched was banned due to piracy, although the DL videos wasn't about that.

1. AWS-Thinkbox are aware of the problem, but they can't comment.
2. Probably is due to changes on the houdini license server... that has messed up with UBL in the AWS services
3. They can't comment if they are working on a fix, but I believe eventually they will do It, and hopefully, sesi doesn't change the license server for some years...
403 posts
guilhermecasagrandi
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Luke Letellier

There is a file in the database that you have to change. There were several YT videos on that, but the one that I've watched was banned due to piracy, although the DL videos wasn't about that.

2. Probably is due to changes on the houdini license server... that has messed up with UBL in the AWS services
3. They can't comment if they are working on a fix, but I believe eventually they will do It, and hopefully, sesi doesn't change the license server for some years...

Well, whatrever i've tried... it doesn't work. I can submit the renders, but they crash right away. Really annoying. Already almost April 2022 and those guys are still behind. They were slow before but since Amazon it's gotten even worse :$
260 posts
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Luke Letellier

Well, whatrever i've tried... it doesn't work. I can submit the renders, but they crash right away. Really annoying. Already almost April 2022 and those guys are still behind. They were slow before but since Amazon it's gotten even worse :$

It's easy to make It work, the real problem lies in the AWS services right now (with h19).
But I think they are slow too...

Attached the files needed to make It work with H19. Other then that, It should be problems related to your database.

Attachments:
Deadline_H19.zip (30.7 KB)

403 posts
guilhermecasagrandi
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Luke Letellier

It's easy to make It work, the real problem lies in the AWS services right now (with h19).

Attached the files needed to make It work with H19. Other then that, It should be problems related to your database.

Thanks a lot for that. What is that Houdini19.diff? Where should it be placed please?

Cheers,
260 posts
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Adriano
guilhermecasagrandi
Luke Letellier

Thanks a lot for that. What is that Houdini19.diff? Where should it be placed please?

Cheers,

In the houdini prefs root folder.
  • Quick Links