Search - User list
Full Version: Labs Flipbooks flickering emission problem.
Root » Houdini for Realtime » Labs Flipbooks flickering emission problem.
Noboru
I am having some strange problems with flipbooks and emission in UE4. If I compile my own BASIC UE4 shader with Just Final Color and Emission and none of the advanced material functions my material looks fine in playback. But when I have emission and use either the basic or advanced UE4 materials I get flickering in the emissive part of the material which is increasingly more noticeable when played slower. I have tried to adjust the motion vector settings on the material and even disabled all the motion vector features. I have exported the HDR motion vector in the form of exr to get more accurate interpolation and it still occurs.

If I turn of emissive intensity or set it very low the problem goes away but so does my emissive texture.
MaiAo
Noboru
I am having some strange problems with flipbooks and emission in UE4. If I compile my own BASIC UE4 shader with Just Final Color and Emission and none of the advanced material functions my material looks fine in playback. But when I have emission and use either the basic or advanced UE4 materials I get flickering in the emissive part of the material which is increasingly more noticeable when played slower. I have tried to adjust the motion vector settings on the material and even disabled all the motion vector features. I have exported the HDR motion vector in the form of exr to get more accurate interpolation and it still occurs.

If I turn of emissive intensity or set it very low the problem goes away but so does my emissive texture.

Hey it looks like motion vector scale is not set exactly accurately. Try using 1/FPS (or values around that around that range) as MV scale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.