Search - User list
Full Version: HDA has problems using SplineComponent input in UE5Preview?
Root » Houdini Engine for Unreal » HDA has problems using SplineComponent input in UE5Preview?
TanaLiu
I used SplineComponent in BlueprintActor to set my HDA input,but it doesn't work.
The log said:
LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Houdini Engine Session lost! This could be caused by a crash in HARS.
LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Hapi failed:
LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Hapi failed: No valid Houdini Engine session.
It was normal in UE4.I'm sure I used the same operation.
My version:
Houdini 19.0.531
Ue5Preview2&1
Thanks a lot.
OrganicComputer
Hello, hope this message finds you well!

Are you able to reproduce this consistently?
If so, please provide more detailed instructions to us for use in diagnosing the issue further.

In an attempt to quickly reproduce this issue based on your description, we've made a simple HDA that instances objects along an input curve geo.
  • In UE5, we created an Actor Blueprint with a child Spline, instanced that into our level alongside the test HDA and then sketched a few control points into the spline.
  • On the HDA, we set the input type to World Outliner Input, then used the selector tool to pick the BP containing the SplineComponent and the HDA works and cooks just fine.

Also, we noted your use of 19.0.531 and wanted to mention that there are new production builds available as well, in case you'd like to try to reproduce this using latest:

-Alan
TomVee
Hi, I have the exact same issue.

The HARS crash happens when you move a point on the spline component of a blueprint that is hooked to the HDA's world outliner input.

It happens in both UE5 and UE4.

LogHoudiniEngineRuntime: Display: [UHoudiniAssetBlueprintComponent::NeedUpdateInputs()] Inputs need update for component: /Game/Developers/tomvelebny/Collections/Levels/LevelTest.LevelTest:PersistentLevel.HoudiniAssetActor_UAID_3C7C3FF50E6A250401_1167386896.HoudiniAssetComponent
LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Houdini Engine Session lost! This could be caused by a crash in HARS.
LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Hapi failed:
LogHoudiniEngine: Error: Hapi failed: No valid Houdini Engine session.

My main goal is to save splines with the UE level and use those as inputs for my HDAs for further processing.

Thanks!
TanaLiu
有机电脑
Hello, hope this message finds you well!

Are you able to reproduce this consistently?
If so, please provide more detailed instructions to us for use in diagnosing the issue further.

In an attempt to quickly reproduce this issue based on your description, we've made a simple HDA that instances objects along an input curve geo.
  • In UE5, we created an Actor Blueprint with a child Spline, instanced that into our level alongside the test HDA and then sketched a few control points into the spline.
  • On the HDA, we set the input type to World Outliner Input, then used the selector tool to pick the BP containing the SplineComponent and the HDA works and cooks just fine.
    Image Not Found

Also, we noted your use of 19.0.531 and wanted to mention that there are new production builds available as well, in case you'd like to try to reproduce this using latest:

-Alan

Thank you for your reply!
I tried it in UE5.0 with H19.0.589.
The first time it worked,but still reported Session lost when i moved the spline.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.