Availability of specific daily builds? (for testing Redshift/3rd party)

697   7   0
13 posts
Quick question here, but just trying to find a way to download specific builds for testing with Redshift's Houdini/Solaris plugins. They aren't always directly synced up with the dailies on the SideFX side and the latest they are testing (at the moment) is 19.0.554. Is there a place I could find these builds archived for download?

Thanks!
Edited by Goldwaters - March 31, 2022 23:35:02
23 posts
You can use rs 561 with the latest Houdini daily builds.
Edited by corestudio - April 1, 2022 00:28:09
13 posts
corestudio
You can use rs 561 with the latest Houdini daily builds.
Thanks for confirming that. Curious how you manage your Redshift and Houdini environment files.. manually each launch/install? Default for Redshift is to use the ${HOUDINI_VERSION} variable to match up to the right Redshift libraries by folder name. This could get tricky when switching versions across Apple Silicon/regular builds.

EDIT: Can't seem to find anything useful in Houdini's built-in environment variables that distinguishes between the Apple Silicon and x86_64 builds. Would love to be able to toggle this automatically based on build platform in the packages file.
Edited by Goldwaters - April 1, 2022 02:14:47
23 posts
if we want a specific build of Houdini to use a specific build of RS we do this in our Redshift.json:

{
"env": [
{
"redshift":
[
{
"houdini_version == '18.5'": "/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/18.5.696"
},

{
"houdini_version == '19.0.531'": "/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.531"
},

{
"houdini_version == '19.0.554'": "/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.554"
},

{
"houdini_version == '19.0.574'": "/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.561"
},

]
}
],
"path": "$redshift"
}
13 posts
corestudio
if we want a specific build of Houdini to use a specific build of RS we do this in our Redshift.json:

Thanks corestudio. That's helpful. I was hoping for something that would let me specifically distinguish between Apple Silicon vs x86_64 instead of by version number alone but I think I'm just overthinking it... especially for testing purposes. Cheers!
36 posts
Good Day.
I just running the Apple Silicon Beta on my MacBook Pro M1 Max 64 GIG running Mac OSX 12.3.1 using H19.0.608 and I get the following error trying to startup RedShift:

DSO error on '/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.589/dso/redshift4houdini.dylib'
dlopen(/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.589/dso/redshift4houdini.dylib, 0x0001): tried: '/Applications/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.589/dso/redshift4houdini.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e'))

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong or what I need to change? I am using RedShift 3.5.02 and according to the benchmark scene (which took 9m52sec) I am using Apple Silicon RS version.

Under the H19.0.589 using Rosetta redshift works fine.

Thank You.
57 posts
The Redshift Houdini plugin in the regular Redshift releases is currently only build for the Intel version of Houdini. You need the custom Apple Silicon plugin build which you can find here: https://redshift.maxon.net/topic/31230/houdini-solaris-plugins-custom-builds [redshift.maxon.net]
36 posts
Thank You @joostkonemann!! Loaded and working!
  • Quick Links